What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies enable a website, among other things, store and retrieve information about a user or your computer browsing habits and, depending on the way you use your computer, and the information they contain can be used to recognize to the user.
The set of ‘cookies’ from all our users helps us to improve our website’s quality, enabling us to control which pages are useful, which are not, and which can be improved. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of our website. Under no circumstances can cookies damage your computer. On the other hand, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve errors.
Cookies do not identify you personally and do not pose any risk to your computer or mobile device. They are not viruses or spyware. They are simply tools used on the websites you visit to improve your navigation, for your data to travel securely online, to help us understand what information on our website is most useful to our users or to know which offers may be of interest to each user. And all this in a totally anonymous way: We will never know your name, address or phone number unless you provide them to us. You decide whether or not to allow cookies, but if you decide not to allow them, you must block them in your browser. Before you block them, we want to help you to better understand how cookies are used.
Types of cookies:
Depending on the entity that manages them, cookies can be:
- Own cookies: These are the cookies sent to your computer from our own computers or domains and from which the service you request is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are the cookies sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by another collaborating entity.
According to the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, thus, no cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information collected through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. In the long run, this lets us provide a better experience, improve the content and make it easier to use.
- Persistent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and our web reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a fixed expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. Generally, we use these cookies to facilitate purchase and registration services.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are the cookies necessary for our website’s navigation and proper functioning. For example, they enable traffic and data communication control, accessing restricted access parts, use security elements, store content in order to be able to broadcast videos or share content through social networks.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that are treated by us or by third parties, allowing the number of users to be quantified and thus allowing the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by the users of the service offered to them. For this purpose, the navigation on our website is analysed in order to improve it.
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so none are stored on the user’s hard drive. The information collected through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. In the long run, this lets us provide a better experience, improve the content and make it easier to use.
- Customisation cookies: These are those that enable you to access the service with some features predefined according to a series of criteria, such as the language, the browser type used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These are the cookies that make it possible to manage the advertising spaces that may be included on our website in the most efficient way possible.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information about the users’ behaviour obtained through continued observation. They let us know your browsing habits on the Internet and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
The cookies used in this website are:
|Cookie Name||Name||Type||Purpose / More information||Expiration date|
|Own||svSession||Session||The PHP language uses this cookie to allow SESSION variables to be stored on the web server. This cookie has the duration of the session and is essential for the functioning of the website||Session|
|Own||XSRF-TOKEN||Session||This is an encrypted cookie that serves to control that all form submissions are made by the user currently in session, avoiding CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) attacks.||Session|
Delete or block cookies
You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your Internet browser options. If you do not allow cookies to be installed on your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
All the information you need to configure or disable your cookies in each browser is available in the following links:
- Chrome: More Information
- Mozilla Firefox: More Information
- Internet Explorer: More Information
- Safari: More Information
- Opera: More Information
At CHEMIR S.A., we never store our users’ personal data, except for the IP address as described above, unless you wish to register voluntarily in order to purchase products and services that we make available to you, or to receive information about promotions and content of interest. If you browse and continue to use our website, you are consenting to the use of the above-mentioned cookies, under the conditions described in this Cookies Policy.